If you have read my previous blog post, 6 types of earrings you must own in 2018, you would know my love for earrings. Although, I love earrings more than clothes, wearing the right outfit is really crucial in styling them effectively. So today, I wanna talk about the absolute must have pieces in your wardrobe.
1. White T-shirt: This one has to be the first one on the list. White Tee is a staple when it comes to clothing. Pick a tee that is comfortable, but fits you well. It can be styled in so many ways that you’ll never get bored of them.
2. Dark blue skinny jeans: Skinny jeans is a universal pick & dark blue color will go well with a number of tees & tops. Just a simple white T-shirt & Dark blue jeans is a casual but complete look by itself. Just throwing on a blazer will take you from casual to uber chic.
3. Neutral / Beige blazer: Wear these over a dress, skirt or fitted pants, they would look equally flattering. Just make sure you pick a blazer that snugly fits & outlines your body shape.
4. Little Black dress: If there’s one piece of fashion advice I have come across since childhood, it would be to own an LBD. The classic ‘little black dress’ has been a fashion staple since the 1920s. It enjoys immense popularity because of it’s extreme versatility. You can keep it simple or dress it up with effortless ease. However, choosing the right one for yourself can take many trials. Pick from the various styles according to your body type & comfort.
5. Classic Black pant: A slim fit black trousers is another fundamental piece that should appear in your wardrobe. This is the formal alternate to your jeans. Paired with a white dress shirt, it’s perfect for a meeting.
6. White Dress shirt: Just mentioned above, this too is a fashion basic that should feature in a woman’s wardrobe. Pair white shirts with a pencil skirt or a black pant for work. Button it down with skinny jeans or a floral skirt or even jumpsuit for a casual look.
7. Denim jacket: Just like denim jeans, denim jackets too are universal. Pair them a dress, pants or skirts, they go with everything. They are also great to keep you warm during cold weather, without compromising on your style quotient.
8. Gray Pencil skirt: One more neutral shade other than black or white. A lighter shade of gray is my personal favorite. They go very well with black or white shirt. They also look very flattering with pastel shades of peach & pink.
9. Black Tank top: A plain black, well fitted tank top is a must have because they go with just about anything. They are great for layering your outfits. It can take you from work to a date to a party with minimal effort.
10. Denim shirt: Denim shirts are super chic yet super comfortable. The easiest way is to pair a light blue denim shirt with dark blue jeans for a minimal, modern look. Denim shirts are great to be worn over printed pants, specially animal prints.
According to me, this is the list of the absolute essentials without which your wardrobe is incomplete. What do you think? Is there anything else you would like to add?
* All the links on this post are not affiliate links.